"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It’s not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." Marianne Williamson

Can't live without my music...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, November 20, 2008

What a Pleasant Surprise!


On Monday I was supposed to go pick up dad from the car shop where he left the car. He told me he would start walking and to look for him on the side o the road. I hung up the phone (I was still in bed because I wasn't feeling well), and fell back asleep. I woke up 20 minutes later and was like, "Uh-Oh!" So, I hurry to my car (didn't brush my teeth or even change my clothes, I was still wearing Sunday clothes) and there's the UPS truck in the driveway. I managed to barely slip my car out and just figured a package for dad had come. When we got back to the house, I told him a package had come. He handed me the package and said it was for me. I was shocked, I figured dad had ordered me something and it was going to be a surprise when I opened it. Well, it was a surprise when I opened it, it just wasn't from dad. It was this cute little yellow book and the packing slip said it came from Amy. I was shocked! Pleasantly shocked! It said that this book was to inspire me to write to help me heal (even if I didn't want to heal). So, I immediately took it up to my room and read the whole thing. It was very cute and I loved it. Then, it turns out there was another package! For me again! It was another book. Very thin book that was "To make me laugh." It most definitely made me laugh. It was hilarious. I encourage everyone to read these books. Thank you Amy for that pleasant surprise.

No comments: