"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It’s not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." Marianne Williamson

Can't live without my music...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What will be your legacy?

As I was going through the security line at the Salt Lake International Airport, I saw a group of people of all ages congregated with a "Welcome Home" sign and video cameras. I used my quick thinking and deducted that they were waiting for the return of a missionary. I WAS in Utah. Intrigued I tried to move as slowly as possible through the line so I could watch the arrival of this missionary. Unfortunately the line was short and I was on the other side. I really wanted to see the excitement on this missionary's face. So I found myself sitting myself down on a comfy seat so I could watch. With hindsight, that was kind of weird. I hope they don't look through there videos and see me! Anyway, I sat there and kept my eyes peeled for a young man wearing a suit and nametag. I didn't see one. However, I did see a senior couple couple wearing tags walking towards the exit. As I heard the screams as the crowd spotted the couple, I was overwhelmed with emotion. Tears welled up in my eyes as the reality of the ripple effect settled in. The senior sister missionary cried out, "There are our kids!" There was her posterity. Her sons, daughters, son-in-laws, daugther-in-laws, grandbabies and other people that were affected by her. How wonderful of a feeling that must've been to see just a small portion of people who loved you dearly and anticipated your arrival. People who missed you.

I look forward to the day where my children and grandchildren can "welcome me home" with such love and excitement. I pray that I can be such a woman of integrity, to leave my legacy.

My camera's battery was dead, or I would've stalkerishly tried to sneak a picture. I wanted to remember the emotions I felt, so I quickly sketched what I saw. :)

1 comment:

Charity Brown said...

How sweet! I got goosebumps when I read this!