"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It’s not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." Marianne Williamson

Can't live without my music...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Defining Audrey Qualities

I find it is easier to maintain control over my emotions in life when I understand myself.
So, here are the top five things that I've classified as my "defining Audrey qualities."

1) The one thing that brings me the most happiness and the most sadness in my life is the same thing. People. I love people. I love older people, middle aged people, young adults, little kids and especially babies.

I was blessed with the ability to care for others. I love people easily. I will do anything for someone who I care about, so I generally will do anything for anyone if it brings them happiness. I believe that random acts of kindness are the missing pieces in life. This brings me the most happiness.

I care too much for people. When I see someone hurting, I hurt. When someone doesn't live up to his/her potential, I am disappointed. When people are sad, I'm sad. This brings the most sadness in my life.

2) I like to be unique. If I'm in a situation where I feel as if my uniqueness is jeopardized, I leave.

3) I have to feel needed and loved or I shut down and run away.

4) I'm afraid of failure. Because of this I rarely do my best in anything. This only applies to situations where failure could be humiliating. Even though I could care less what others think of me, I would be humiliated if I failed at something. Even if nobody cared, I still would be embarrassed. On the same note, when I put my mind to do something, I'm going to do it well.

5) I love everything. I love all kinds of varieties of movies, foods, books, sports, clothes...everything. I used to think that I was a people pleaser because I liked everything everyone else liked, but I realized, I can be down with anything pretty much.

3 comments:

Charity Brown said...

You're so great, Audrey!

Brad Dixon said...

You and I are so similar on the inside...

Audrey said...

Wellllll Brad Dixon... If you look at #2 I like to be unique. :) I'm leaving!