"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It’s not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." Marianne Williamson

Can't live without my music...


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, November 7, 2008

Faith Without Works is Dead. Right?

Today, as I sat in the dentist's chair waiting, I had a lot of time on my hands to think. Lately I try to avoid this, but it was actually beneficial. As the dentist was walking back to get my new crown, I said a silent prayer that everything would work out and I wouldn't have to go through any more nonsense with this tooth. At that moment, I had complete faith that no matter what happened I knew it would work out. As I sat there and thought about this I was proud of myself for this and began to think about my faith-o-meter. The more I thought about it, I felt shameful. There I was sitting there thinking about how wonderful I was because I had faith when I didn't have to do any work. Anyone can have faith that Heavenly Father will take care of them when everything rests in His hands. But, what about the trials that require crucial actions on our part? How often do we pray and expect Heavenly Father to take care of us, yet we receive promptings and ignore them. How many times do we, do I, say "Alright Heavenly Father, help me out here." Then He says, "Alright...you need to do this" and I simply say, "Nah" or "Are you sure?" Then when we don't get the results we wanted we automatically feel as if the Lord has left us alone. He will never forsake us. The day when we completely turn our trust to Him, the day we find that He is always with us and will never leave our side is the day we truly find ourselves and truly live life.

No comments: